Activities and Attractions in Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is the perfect spot for the active traveler. With a myriad of fun and exciting activities to choose from there is something to keep every member of your family busy for weeks.
- Visit Tulum, the Mayan ruin and only archaeological site located by the sea.
- Swim with sea turtles and enjoy the rejuvenating experience of
a cenote (sink hole with crystal clear water fed by underground rivers). The Rivera Maya is filled with cenotes, so you could essentially visit a different one each day of your vacation.
- Spend a relaxing day at the
beach admiring the warm turquoise water and soft white sand. Take perfect vacation photos - everyone looks great with clear blue skies, white sand and turquoise water.
- Visit Chichen Itza, one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, and one of the most popular and well-known Mayan cities. Your visit to Chichen Itza also includes a tour of it's neighboring colonial city, Valladolid, and a splash into a refreshing cenote.
- With over 200 restaurants to choose from, Playa del Carmen has a fantastic selection of multi-ethnic cusine for every budget and pallate. Follow our restaurant choices and never have a bad meal.
- If you love swimming in clear crystal water, explore
- If caves and the underground world captivate your curiosity, enjoy an unforgettable experience to Hidden Worlds.