Activities and Attractions in Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is the perfect spot for the active traveler. With a myriad of fun and exciting activities to choose from there is something to keep every member of your family busy for weeks.
- Visit Tulum, the Mayan ruin and only archaeological site located by the sea.
- Swim with sea turtles and enjoy the rejuvenating experience of
a cenote (sink hole with crystal clear water fed by underground rivers). The Rivera Maya is filled with cenotes, so you could essentially visit a different one each day of your vacation.
- Spend a relaxing day at the
beach admiring the warm turquoise water and soft white sand. Take perfect vacation photos - everyone looks great with clear blue skies, white sand and turquoise water.
- Visit Chichen Itza, one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, and one of the most popular and well-known Mayan cities. Your visit to Chichen Itza also includes a tour of it's neighboring colonial city, Valladolid, and a splash into a refreshing cenote.
- With over 200 restaurants to choose from, Playa del Carmen has a fantastic selection of multi-ethnic cusine for every budget and pallate. Follow our restaurant choices and never have a bad meal.
- If you love swimming in clear crystal water, explore
- If caves and the underground world captivate your curiosity, enjoy an unforgettable experience to Hidden Worlds.
Tours and Excursions Playa del Carmen
From exploring Mayan ruins, to swimming in caves to jungle adventures, Playa del Carmen and the surrounding area can keep you busy every day of your vacation. Here are our recommendations.
Golf Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen and the Rivera Maya is surrounded by beautiful, world-class golf courses that will satisfy even the most demanding golfers.
Massages Playa del Carmen
Enjoy a relaxing massage in the comfort of your condo or villa from trained, reputable massage therapist.
Airport Transportation Playa del Carmen
Enjoy direct, reliable and air conditioned transfer service from the Cancun airport to your Playa del Carmen rental unit. Our drivers will meet you outside customs and will take you directly to your rental.
Beach and Beach Clubs Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen has some of the most beautiful and popular beaches in the world. Renown for cool white sand and warm turquoise waters, Playa`s beaches can entice just about any traveler.
Restaurants Playa del Carmen
With more than 300 restaurants in Playa del Carmen to choose from, there is surely something to appease every palate. Although there are some great restaurants on 5th Avenue, there are also wonderful hidden gems off the beaten path. We`ve comprised a list of our favorite Playa del Carmen restaurants from romantic eateries on 5th Avenue to affordable local hideaways.
Shopping Playa del Carmen
Here`s our selection of Playa del Carmen shopping options, which includes souvenir shops, clothing stores and grocery stores. From boutique shops on 5th Avenue to hidden markets on 30th Avenue, here are some of our favorites.
Night Life and Bars Playa del Carmen
At 12 midnight the night life starts pumping big on 12th and 10th Streets between the beach and 10th avenue. For those who want to wake up early or canít stay up that late there are numerous nightclubs and beach clubs that have live music and dancing between 6 pm and 10 pm.
Events in and Around Playa del Carmen
Learn about some of the most popular events in Playa del Carmen around which some travelers plan their vacations. From music festivals to sporting events, Playa is packed with fun and exciting events year round. With the increasing number of events and constantly changing schedules we do not list all the events here, but rather provide some of the most reliable and worthwhile.